Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The final details...


So many things to do these days before I set off for Vancouver. I am looking forward to the train ride to relax a little before the first show in Powell River, it is a little daunting seeing the distance I am going to be riding for the next 4 months unfold before me slowly on the train.

The list of good things going on is so long I don't even know where to start, but how about on the musical side. I picked up my new guitar last week which was a great joy! Here is a picture of Richard Paxton and I, the guitar builder, at Sand Dunes Park with my new guitar.

I picked up Johnny's and my bikes last week as well! My old touring bike had so many Km on it that it needed to be retired. The first ride that I got to do on my new bike was to meet Lynne Saxburg of the Ottawa Citizen, to top it off it was in the rain! I hope this isn't a bad sign of weather to come... I'm just on my way to pick up the Citizen to check out the article, more about it later.

1 comment:

JuliaR said...

Good luck to you! I'm here because of the Citizen article. My husband and I are avid cyclists and don't even own a car. And we have a Yak trailer. I'll keep an eye on your blog to see how things are going. I'm sure it will be an interesting adventure - don't give up!