Saturday, August 18, 2007

Quebec City....

I left Montreal on Friday morning a little late after having enjoyed visiting with friends late into the night. I biked to the Jean Talon market, my old stopping grounds from when I lived in the city. The market was bustling with people and loaded with fresh produce. I went to all my favorite places, got myself some good cheese, croisants, fresh berries, fresh queezed apple juice and started on my way. I had picked up 12 bagels that I have been dreaming about for months and was ready for a nice long ride. I put in 170km even after only getting rolling after 12 and rode until the sun was down. The next morning following the river I saw more cyclists than I have the whole trip! Highway 138 is one of nicest stretches of road I have been on in a while, such a joy to ride.

Now I sit at my friends in Quebec city with the sun on my hands as I type. I
have been looking forward to this visit for a long time. I have a show to play here and then it is the great race to Halifax, 950km in 6 days. I'm gonna make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek

No comments: